Vornado Releases 2022 Environmental, Social, & Governance Report
This ESG report is Vornado's fourteenth consecutive annual report which highlights the Company's industry-leading accomplishments in sustainability and provides key metrics on the Company’s ESG priorities. Key ESG achievements include:
- Procured 100% renewable energy credits (RECs) for electricity directly managed by Vornado in the key markets in which we operate. These RECs include those sourced from hydroelectric, solar and wind facilities located in the States of
New Yorkand California.
- Achieved a 28% reduction in overall energy consumption across our in-service office portfolio, since 2009.
- Reached a 64% waste diversion rate this year across our in-service office portfolio against our 75% long-term target.
- Received multiple awards recognizing our continued industry leadership in sustainability including the 12th NAREIT Leader in the Light Award; Energy Star Partner of the Year with Sustained Excellence and Global “Sector Leader” for Diversified Office/Retail REITs in the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB), ranking #1 in the
USAamongst peers. Overall, Vornado placed 3rd among 112 responding listed companies within the Americas.
- Launched community programming at
THE PENN Districtthrough our Worklife program.
- Continued to focus on board refreshment with the appointment of
Raymond J. McGuireto the Board of Trustees.
Our report, along with expanded information on Vornado’s ESG programs, can be found on the Company's website located at www.vno.com.
Certain statements contained herein may constitute “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of performance. They represent our intentions, plans, expectations and beliefs and are subject to numerous assumptions, risks and uncertainties. Our future results, financial condition and business may differ materially from those expressed in these forward-looking statements. You can find many of these statements by looking for words such as "approximates," "believes," "expects," "anticipates," "estimates," "intends," "plans," "would," "may" or other similar expressions in this press release. We also note the following forward-looking statements: in the case of our development and redevelopment projects, the estimated completion date, estimated project cost, projected incremental cash yield, stabilization date and cost to complete; and estimates of future capital expenditures, dividends to common and preferred shareholders and operating partnership distributions. For a discussion of factors that could materially affect the outcome of our forward-looking statements and our future results and financial condition, see “Risk Factors” in Part I, Item 1A, of our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended
Source: Vornado Realty Trust